01: Business Types and Differences
1. Sephora is the world’s leading luxury goods group which operates over 2,700 stores in 35 countries worldwide – source [accessed: September 2023]
3. Market Dynamics are those forces that affect the price and behaviours of producers and customers, such as demand and supply. Read more at Investopedia – link.
4. You can read more by following this page at the Government Offices in Sweden – link.
02: Taxes in Sweden (Skatter) – Part 1
- Figure 3: free online VAT calculator – vatcalconline.com
- Figure 4: Tax rate 2023 (skattesatser 2023) – scb.se
- Employer Fees, 2023 source: ekonomifakta.se
5. You can find the calculator by visiting this link.
04: Write a Business Plan (Affärsplan)
- A snapshot from ALMI website – loans page – source
- An editable business plan template (affärsplanmall) – link
- Editable Business Model Canvas (affärsmodell) – link
- An editable Budget template document (budgetmall)
- You can download the completed business plan document from the following link.
- The information provided is real and fetched from statista website – source.
- You can download the template form ALMI website – source
06: Starting A New Company (Enskild Firma)
- A sample screenshot from guide and tools page at verksamt website (notice that the page has many external links) – source
- You can read more about this type of support by following this link.
- To read more about exemptions, follow this link.
- Direct link to the VAT registry database – link
- SNI stands for Swedish industry classification (Svensk Näringsgrensindelning). It is used to classify companies according to their activities – source.
07: Register and Protect a Name of a Sole Trader (Enskild Firma)
- Zalando is a Europe’s leading online fashion platform – source
- To check the tool, you can follow this link.
- You can check the fees of registering a sole-trader business in this link.
- To read more about coordination numbers you can follow this link.
- You can visit this link to see the latest processing time.
- Here is the online service, that can be used to check a case status at the Registration Office (bolagsverket) link
- The Swedish Internet Foundation website (internetstiftelsen) – domain tool link
08: Starting A Limited Company (Aktiebolag) – Part 1
- Here is a direct link for the application – link
- You can follow this page to find the SNI lists – link
- You can visit this link to see the latest processing time.
- Here is the online service, that can be used to check a case status at the Registration Office (Bolagsverket) – link.
09: Starting A Limited Company (Aktiebolag) – Part 2
- Download the shares book (aktiebok) template from the Registration Office (bolagsverket) website – link
- Download the certificate template from the Registration Office (bolagsverket) website – link.
10: Business Funding Methods – Part 1
- To read more about this support follow this link.
- Connect Sverige website.
- Industry Funds – website.
- Follow this map to find out which areas are supported – link.
- To read more about this support, you can follow this link.
- This page can help you find quick contact details based on region – link.
- You can read more about horizon grants by following this page under Vinnova website – link.
- To read more about the Swedish Innovation authority (Sveriges innovationsmyndighet) you can visit their website – link.
11: Business Funding Methods – Part 2
- Kickstarter was launched in 2009 and 20 million people have backed its projects since then – source.
- GoFundMe is a donation based crowdfunding website – link.
- Indiegogo is a crowdfunding website founded in 2008 and allows people to solicit funds for an idea, charity, or start-up business – link.
- Seedinvest is a platform that connects startups with venture capital and capital angels online – link.
- Crowdcube was founded in 2012 as an equity crowdfunding platform – link.
- Unsecured loans refer to any type of debt that is not protected by a guarantor. Read more – link.
- To read more about this scandal you can follow this post on the New York Times website – link.
- To read more, you can visit the company home page, they have listed some facts – link.
- You can read more details on crowdfunding taxes in Sweden by following this link.
- You can read more about this VAT (moms) exemption (Momsbefrielse) by following this link.
- Read more about growth loans by following this link.
- To read more about this loan you can follow this link.
- The statistics source – link
- You can read more about the incubation programs provided by Jönköping science park by following this link.
- Incubation program offered by Kalmar science park organization – link.
- Incubation program offered by Movexum organization Link.
- You can read more about the Entrepreneur centres by following this Link.
12: Employment and Workplace
- To read more about the Employment Protection Act (LAS) follow this link.
- If you want to skip the previous step and go directly to the hotel and restaurant union, you can visit their website net
- To read more about the basic unemployment fund (alfakassan) you can visit its website – link.
- Three main categories for services offered by the Employment Service (arbetsförmedlingen) to employers – source
- If you are interested in having this template as an editable document, you can download it from this link: English version link.
14: Business Insurance and Applications
- The Riksdag is the highest decision-making assembly in Sweden – source.
- AFA insurance is an organization that provides compensations in the event of illness, work injury, lack of work, death and parental leave – link.
- Collectum is a link between employees covered by occupational pension, employers who pay the pension and the insurance companies that manages the pensions – link.
- Aleca manages occupational pension plan for 2.6 million people – source
- To have access to Fora reporting system, you can apply manually using this link.
15: Business Tax and Financial Reports
- You can try this link to find what workplace is associated with a company – link
16: Income Declaration (Inkomstdeklaration) – Part 1
- Centrala studiestödsnämnden (CSN) is a government agency responsible for aiding students financially during different type of education – link.
- To read more about individual VAT follow this link.
- To read more follow this link.
- REKO-rings are a way to sell locally produced food, completely without intermediaries. To Read more you can follow this link.
- Google Ads is an online advertising program, where advertisers create their advertisements to reach people based on their interest – link.
- To find a list of dividends standard amount (gränsbelopp) you can follow this link.
17: Income Declaration (Inkomstdeklaration) – Part 2
- edeklarera is an online paid service that allows companies and individuals to generate their declarations and send them electronically – link.
- Adobe Reader is a software used to read PDF documents. It is free to download – link
- This service is used to find companies’ details – link.
18: Copyrights and Brands Protection
- To read more about this case, you can follow this topic at the Design Observer website – link.
- To read more about this case, you can follow this link.
- You can read more about this incident by following the article – link.
- To read more about The Swedish Intellectual Property Office (PRV), you can follow this link.